Principles in book:
1. Retirement is worst-case scenario insurance.
2. Interest and energy are cyclical.
3. Less is not laziness.
4. The timing is never right.
5. Ask for forgiveness, not permission.
6. Emphasize strengths, don't fix weaknesses.
7. Relative income is more important than absolute income.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard Feynman
"I can't give you a surefire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time." - Herbert Bayard Swope
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action." - Benjamin Disraeli
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in adapting the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw
"One does not accumulate but eliminate. It is not daily increase but daily decrease. The height of cultivation always runs to simplicity." - Bruce Lee
"It is vain to do with more what can be done with less." - William of Occam
"Perfection is not when there is no more to add, but no more to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
"What gets measured gets managed." - Peter Drucker
"Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace." - Robert Sawyer
"Do your own thinking independently. Be the chess player, not the chess piece." - Ralph Charell
"Genius is only a superior power of seeing." - John Ruskin
"I not only use all the brains that I have, but all I can borrow." - Woodrow Wilson
"Companies go out of business when they make the wrong decisions or, just as important, make too many decisions. The latter creates complexity." - Mike Maples
1. Practice gazing into the eyes of others.
2. Learn to propose--stop asking for opinions and start proposing solutions.
3. Get phone numbers
4. Revisit the terrible twos--say "no" to all requests
5. Use the criticism sandwich
6. Find Yoda--call at least 1 potential superstar mentor per day for 3 days